Dr. Levy Class Action Settlement

JANE DOE NO. 1, ET AL. V. JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL, ET AL.
CASE NO. 24-C-13-001041
CIRCUIT COURT FOR BALTIMORE CITY

Update as of July 13, 2017

The trustee began issuing settlement checks on June 1, 2017. Checks are being issued on a rolling basis to valid Claimants who have submitted a valid IRS Form W-9 once the trustee has confirmed that there are no outstanding Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement obligations related to treatment for injuries at issue in the case. The lien search and lien resolution is required by the federal government, and the trust fund administrator is working diligently and expeditiously to resolve any lien issues.

To reduce the inconvenience and hardship of the Medicare delay, the Trustee is sending you 80% of your settlement now. The Trustee expects to mail those checks on Tuesday, July 18, 2017. The Post Office suggests you allow 10 business days for delivery. When you receive your Conditional Payments Letter, the Trustee will send the remaining 20% of your settlement to you.

  1. Medicare
    If you are a Medicare beneficiary, then the Trustee is waiting for you to receive a Conditional Payments Letter.  The Conditional Payments Letter will tell you whether Medicare wants to be reimbursed from your settlement.  If you visited a psychiatrist or psychologist after Levy and Medicare paid for those visits, then Medicare will want to be reimbursed for those visits.
    The Conditional Payments Letter will be sent directly to you.  It will contain the words “Conditional Payments” in the first line of the letter.  (The Trustee sent you a Proof of Representation form on July 7.  If you returned that form to Medicare, then Medicare will send a copy of your Conditional Payments Letter to the Trustee.  If not, then fax your Conditional Payments Letter to the Trustee when you receive it (213-291-8300).)

  2. Medicaid
    The various state Medicaid departments are sending Medicaid information directly to the Trustee.  There is no action that you need to take.  The Trustee will notify you of any Medicaid reimbursement claims.  If there are no reimbursement claims, then the Trustee will notify RG/2 Claims.  RG/2 Claims will then authorize the Trustee to send the settlement payment to you.

  3. Others
    Some claimants have not yet provided a Form W-9 to RG/2 Claims.  Without the W-9, the Trustee cannot complete the lien searches.  The lien searches are required in order to pay your settlement to you.  If, however, you have received a Notice of Award Assignment, and have submitted a completed Form W-9 to RG/2 Claims, then you will be paid as soon as possible.

  4. Questions 

    If you have any questions about liens or a check that was issued, please contact the Trustee:

    David M. Higgins
    HIGGINS SETTLEMENT LAW, L.L.P.
    11355 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 200
    Los Angeles California 90064
    Tel: 213-833-0202 Fax: 213-291-8300

    Other questions related to items such as: W-9s, address changes, and claim status should continue to be directed to RG/2 Claims at (855) 731-7491.  Please leave a detailed message so that RG/2 Claims can ensure that your inquiry is routed to the appropriate team member.

IF YOU ARE A SETTLEMENT CLASS MEMBER AND YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION HAS CHANGED, PLEASE CALL (855) 731-7491 OR CLICK HERE.

PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WRITE THE COURT FOR MORE INFORMATION.

This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by RG/2 Claims Administration pursuant to Order of Court.  This is the only authorized website for this case.

For more information please call (855) 731-7491 or email info@drlevyclassaction.com.